Sunday, October 9, 2011

BP4_Wix



after a long debate between the voices in my head over which web 2.0 tools to review we settled on wix.com   a free flash website creator.



i have been interested in building a website for my class for a while but was a little nervous about how it would look since i have never done anything like this before now. but wix has made it super easy with hundreds of pre made templates for you to choose from. whatever you are looking for, they probably have a template for that.

the main reason i am interested in creating a website for my class, is that i want to gamify my classroom and i want the website to act as my knowledge map, i have seen other teachers sites and they look so good. here is my inspiration site.

mr.daley's class website. my inspiration.
he has done an amazing job of creating a great looking site and has been such as inspiration to me on gamifying my classroom. if you want to know more about games in the classroom he has a wonderful blog with many resources on gamification. check out his blog on gamification. 

so off i went to create my own class website. wix made it really easy, i chose a template and started creating my site.


i was able to change text and pictures quickly to suit my needs. the layout of the editing tools was easy to understand and i was pleasantly surprised at the large range of tools available. this site was just right for a beginner like me. so here is the beginning of my website for my class, cant wait to use it in class!



1 comment:

  1. I ABSOLUTELY love this site! I use it all the time! I just made my most recent website for our Harvest Festival at my school and I use it yearly for a grant website and a Plant Sale website. I also created my professional portfolio using this website.. I just love it and find it to be SUPER easy to do! Good pick Mary and if you need any help with this one... let me know! :) My links to my most recent sites..check them out!!!!
    http://www.wix.com/janet_robbins/nwhs-plant-sale
    http://www.wix.com/janet_robbins/janet-robbins-portfolio
    Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete