Sunday, October 23, 2011

RILS Reflection

after spending a week coming up with an idea to use on my rils project and then becoming familiar with a new web tool, i thought i was all set to implement it in my class on monday. wow was i wrong. my school likes to just surprise us with new things and this week it was testing...all week long. ok so i didnt have to give a test but my room became a holding room for students not taking the test. ok, i thought, i will just do the project with them. done. take that school, i can roll with the punches. but i didnt see the right hook coming and it knocked me to the floor. no internet connection in my building. ahhh! how am i supposed to do a web tool with no web? so on monday instead of getting on the web, we watched movies all day, mythbusters to be exact and then it hit me, we could make our own episode of mythbusters and if i had to i would post the video at home and they could use their cell phones to make comments on edmodo. .....8....9......pulled myself up by the ropes, thought they had a knock out but you cant keep me down. on tuesday we started analyzing how the mythbusters used the scientific method in their videos and started researching our own myths to bust. wednesday the groups wrote out their storyboards and worked on their scripts. thursday we filmed and friday they put it all together in imovie and were able to upload the video themselves because we had regained our internet connection, woohoo! i enjoyed the whole process and i could tell the kids really enjoyed it to. i would love to do another one later, maybe i will do my original idea later in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment